Thursday, March 18, 2010

Ribbon Holder


So I was on the Cricut message board last week and saw a post by SentimentalScrapper that made a ribbon holder with her Gypsy. So I figured I would create an svg file for myself since I don't have Gypsy and here it is! I love it and it can keep my ribbon scraps organized, untangled and visible for me to know what I have left. She's got great instructions on her blog.

For my ribbon holder I used Avery plastic dividers. I figured this would hold up best instead of card stock. Plus look at all the cool colors!


I trimmed off the holes and the tab insert, so I ended up with a 7 3/4" x 11" sheet.



These are the blade setting I used on my Cricut Expression.

Standard Blade
Speed: 2
Pressure: 5
Blade Depth: 6

I was able to fit 8 tags on my sheet of paper. I only cut once and it cut perfect!


I used a 1" book ring that I found at the dollar store to keep my tags together. I wish I had a larger book ring but this will do for now.











Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic idea! Thanks for sharing this.

Linda Kaiser said...

You are amazing and thanks so much for shraing.

Linda

Heather said...

Thanks for sharing! Do you mind sharing the cut file? I'm not very good at designing my own :(

reedfam@rcn.com

Anonymous said...

Love your posts. You create some beautiful things. I have left the Ms Bright Side award for you on my blog. Check it out at http://k-ekreations.blogspot.com.

Ray's said...

How do you design your own file for the cricut?

Sherry Thornsberry said...

Would you be willing to share your svg or cut file for this ribbon holder? I would like to make some for myself and my mom but am terrible at making my own designs.
Merry Christmas :)
Sherry
parn90@cox.net